Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Eternal Deity

In these two chapter of the Bhagavad Gita, there are so many connection to Christianity.  All of chapter eight is spent by Krishna explaining who he is and how he provides for all.  From being the father of the universe to the sum of all knowledge, the connection to the different names of God which explain how he is father and lord of all is incredible.  Krishna continues to explain how those who reside in him are provided for, in the same way that the Lord provides for those who follow him.

In a slightly less awe inspiring and immature moment I find both of these chapters together quite funny.  Chapter eight Krishna tells of his power and majesty, and then in chapter nine Arjuna basically says, "You sounds awesome and I believe you are who you say. Tell me everything you can." Krishna then goes off more about who he is and his names and it seems like Krishna is like, "yes I am awesome, thank you for noticing.  And well since you asked......here are all my other cool names and things I do."   Dont know why I find that funny, but it is.

For my personal practice this week was extremely stressful and busy so I didnt do much yoga outside of more breathing stuff.  I would just sit there for a bit every now and then and focus on controlling my breath and slowing it down.  Even just with that I did notice a lot of benefits. They were not quite to the same level  and doing some of the restorative poses and a savasana time, but its nice to see how even something as simple as breathing can help.

With class, Im still loving it.  There isnt much I would change now or say that I didnt like.  I just want to keep going and seeing the improvement that I have so far.  Being selfish though, being able to get up into a headstand or other more complex poses like that would be kinda cool though.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. I think the Gita has humorous elements as well.

    ReplyDelete